Monday, May 2, 2011

Melannie Levine's photos from Africa and the USA


A wonderful evening spent with Friends World alumni and, soon-to-be, the first Global College alumni in Brooklyn, New York!


Having only just arrived into the United States two days prior (coming from Uganda), Brooklyn greeted me like it is the new Winter Wonderland. This picture was taken right outside of the place I have been living at for this semester.


A few of President Museveni's supporters resting after a full day of rallying.


At the time that I took this photo, President Yoweri Museveni had been in power in Uganda for over 25 years. This rally took place in the Mbale region where I was living for my Independent Study semester. Several months later, the results came back that Museveni won the presidential election again...for his 6th term in office.


A few students like Molly decided to spend a Sunday with Harlem Grown in Harlem, New York clearing and bettering a city garden.

No comments: